This banana nut protein oatmeal bar recipe is fantastically convenient. It’s not secret that oatmeal is great for a preworkout meal. I love having these on handing the fridge or freezer for when I don’t have time to cook a meal. Baking the “proatmeal” into a bar allows me to grab and go.
These make a great breakfast on the go or a quick pre-workout snack. They have a great ratio of carb to protein for fueling a good workout. These are also terribly inexpensive to make compared to purchasing a protein bar. If I have bananas about to go bad I will usually whip up a batch or two of these quickly and freeze them for later. Most of the other ingredients, with the exception of protein, most of us usually have on hand.
Cooking and Freezing Tips
- Quick cooking oats can be used in place of the old fashioned oats, but there will be a texture difference. The quick cook oats tend to have more of a spongey texture because the egg whites pretty much dissolve them during baking. Still delicious, though.
- You can use any type of nut on these and they all turn out amazing.
- To freeze these, wrap individual servings tightly in plastic wrap and store them in a freezer bag. They last in the freezer for up to a month. Just make sure the refrigerate them until they are fully cooled before putting them in the freezer or they will get soggy when they thaw.
- If you have time to throw these in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before you go, they are delicious warm.
- Eating these at home? Try throwing some PB2 or Walden Farms Pancake Syrup over top before warming, so good!
Please enjoy! Let me know what your favorite preworkout meal is below or if you have any requests for other flavor combinations! If you make these, please tag us in your foodstagram with #eatwellliftwell! I’d love to share your images!
Pin for Later